With growing awareness and dependability of people in social media, there has been emergence of Social media as a marketing tool. SMO originally architected to drive traffic from social media sites. Now SMO has become more vital as it elevates the performance of Search engine optimization. Perfectly designed SMO tactics will drive traffic from both direct social site referrals and from search engines.
Best activities we must do while social media optimization in 2015
- Unique content: To get success in social media one has to do thorough research and weave authentic content. This will showcase the site owner as respected and qualified source. The reputation is also determined by how one engages and supports the people. One must openly share the content; engage others through discussions and commenting as this action enhances the reputation of the site.
- Engagement: One needs to actively engage with the audience by commenting, mentions, shares, likes etc. Sharing other people’s content and delivering the audience with good user experience by delivering feedback and comments enables the firm to get engaged with the visitors. One can make use of call to action to engage the audience.
- Authority: What search engines are interested in is tracing those brands that are authoritative and trusted by real people on the internet. One can go for Google Authorship, which enables one to showcase the company profile prominently in search engine results.
- Social: Building high quality network is one vital activity one must do in SMO. Quality network matters more than quantity and this can be materialized by seeking experts in your field, study what they say, engage them in debate and share your ideas.
- Media platforms: One must focus on right platforms and communities to trace where the target audience is concentrated. The best and effective Google platform is Google plus wherein one can easily find out the hang out place of the target audience.
- Optimization: One has to optimize the social media and this can be done by incorporating share buttons, social icons, subscription options, shareable content, social log in, title tags, images etc.
- Make content easily accessible: Content should be easily accessible to the viewers. This can be done through short links (PDFs, video files and audio files). Such content travels further and is more traceable and ropes in mammoth audience to the site.
- Incorporate permalinks in blogs: When one blogs, it is the permalinks that capture keywords in the URL titles that search engine look for while crawling the site. Using such links at the bottom enables easy for the readers to copy and share the blog.
- Be humble: Never get carried away and be humble while remembering your roots. Always keep in mind those who aided you along the way even if you become a BlogStar or industry head
- Stay fresh: Social media is undergoing frequent changes. So be in tune with such changing scenario; be abreast to new tools, products and challenges in the social sphere.